Friday 19 April 2013

My Children are My Teachers

At Coffee, Cake and Craft club this week I realised two things. Number 1 this blog is in serious danger of sitting on the shelf and not actually being put out there for others to read. Number 2 I placed myself on the edge of learning crochet whilst watching my son reach for the wool and the book and he taught himself how to finger knit.

 
At the end of two hours, some people had made puppets, someone had added the next layer onto his painted canvas, RD had knitted himself a belt and yet again I had avoided learning a new skill, I was on the edge of crafting again.
 
When I was clearing up I saw that JP had made something out of the felt squares I had put on the table. My first thought was 'oh no he's used them instead of people who can craft using them.'
Then of course I saw it - JP was being my teacher - showing me how to move myself from the spacial edge of 'I might' to 'I have'. And of course I kept the edge of his cutout to remind me.
 
So to prove I've moved from I might to I have I am about to launch this blog, putting it out there for those who feel on the edge, for those who overlook society but don't feel amongst the action, for anyone who can relate to having ideas but storing them on a shelf and for friends and friends yet to be (a nicer phrase than strangers) who might want to follow me from overLook to overTook.
Edgeledge let's go!

No comments:

Post a Comment