Friday 3 May 2013

Day 3: This is really good!

OK so it doesn't look really good or worthy of that title. But to me it is really good - for starters it is about 3 rows more than I've ever managed before!



This little bit of knitting is testing me. I loathe learning to do new things; mostly because I've tried before and not succeeded. Let's face it, holey knitting, soggy cakes, burnt brownies, falling juggling balls, these things don't do much for ones self belief......

But its really good for my children to see me trying new things, to watch me handle my own disappointments, to witness me being pleased with myself and to find me doing something that doesn't involve a screen!

So thanks to Mary and Margaret for casting on for me and sorting me out when I increased from 20 stitches to 34!  I'll be needing you again soon ladies the ball of wool is running out.

2 comments:

  1. Looks great :) Are you hoping to make anything inparticular? I made, with some help from mum, a little knitted bag a couple years ago, after that I started a phone case but it's still unfinished!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks fine to me keep going dont give up

    ReplyDelete